CALL TO ARTISTS
FACES UnMasked - Beyond the Face
Call to artists for FACES UnMasked, FACES’ artistic fundraising event featuring masks and artwork created by local & national artists and community members.
This special event benefits the compassionate programs at FACES, a not-for-profit organization serving children and adults throughout the US with severe craniofacial anomalies.*
Masks and works created for the event will be auctioned with all proceeds going to FACES.
- Artists are invited to create art that celebrates the story of the human spirit hidden behind the face.
- Artists can work with a mask provided, create their own mask, OR Artists can choose not to use a literal mask and incorporate the face and/or spirit behind the face into their artwork in another way.
- Size and medium is at the discretion of the artist. Diversity, originality, and non-literal interpretation is encouraged, along with the use of other types of faces such as animals, clocks, faces found in nature, etc, along with textiles, metal, jewelry, clothing, and other mixed media.
- Suggested keywords: inner beauty, passion, hope, courage, tenacity, kindness, strength.
There are no set rules...
Your imagination is the limit!
ELIGIBILITY: Open to artists, local personalities, and celebrities as well as the community at large.
WORKS SUBMITTED: Finished works and artist bio sheets are to be submitted to H♥Art Gallery by October 15 [Reception deadline Sept. 24]. Artists need to be prepared to have their photo made with their artwork for publicity. Artists must provide a short biography for the event program.
Click Here View UnMasked masks and event photos.
REVIEWS: To encourage quality and diversity of work, all art submitted this year will be entered into two reviews.
JURIED REVIEW: By a panel of judges at the Preview Reception on Oct. 7. (Entry deadline Sept. 24). Prizes will be awarded for these categories:
Best in Show: Best overall artistic piece.
Best New Artist: Best piece by a first-time UnMasked Artist.
Most Innovative: Best piece that expresses the story of the human spirit in a unique or innovative way.
PEOPLE’S CHOICE: voted on by attendees at the UnMasked event on October 27 (Entry deadline Oct. 15). Attendees will vote through donations for their favorite art piece. All proceeds will go to FACES. Winner will be announced at the event.
September 24: Preview Reception Deadline. Return work to HbArt Gallery where mask will be logged in, photographed by itself as well as with you, and exhibited at H♥Art Gallery for the Preview Reception on October 7.
October 7: Preview Reception at H♥Art Gallery, from 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
October 27: FACES UnMasked Event at the Church on Main,
from 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Tickets are $50; Participating artists receive free admission and the opportunity to purchase one ticket at half price.
FACES reserves the right to decline any masks/artworks that are not appropriate.
* FACES: The National Craniofacial Association provides services to craniofacial patients throughout the country free of charge. FACES UnMasked is proudly based on “The Mask Project,” a national event created and trademarked by Hospice of Metro Denver.